Westminster Bus Accident Attorneys
The experienced Westminster Bus Accident Lawyers at Bisnar Chase have a 96% percent success rate of holding wrongdoers liable for their negligence.
Injured victims can seek compensation for damages including medical expenses, loss of wages, cost of hospitalization, rehabilitation and other related damages.
There are many potential causes of Westminster bus accidents. When a crash occurs, it must be determined who was responsible for the accident and how it could have been prevented. Victims of these devastating accidents can seek financial compensation for their considerable pain and suffering.
When you contact our law offices at 949-203-3814 you will receive a free consultation with a top-legal team expert. Bisnar Chase's Westminster personal injury lawyers can help injured victims better understand their legal rights and options.
Call us today.
7 Types of Bus Accidents in Westminster
There are usually multiple contributing factors when it comes to bus accidents. Understanding the many types of bus accidents can prove useful when attempting to determine who was responsible for a crash.
Here are some of the most common types of bus accidents that can have devastating consequences:
- Head-on collisions: Some of the most serious injury accidents involve a head-on collision between a bus and another vehicle. These types of accidents can occur at an intersection or on a length of roadway where there is no center median. Drivers who are fatigued or distracted can cause these types of bus accidents by letting their vehicle drift into oncoming traffic. Other bus drivers may cause a head-on collision by making unsafe turns without properly yielding the right of way.
- Rollover accidents: Buses are typically top heavy. Rollover crashes may occur when a bus driver attempts to take evasive action. Bus rollovers often occur as the result of tire and brake failure. When there is a tire blowout, a large bus can go out of control and roll over. Passengers also tend to suffer major injuries in such rollover accidents, particularly if there are no seatbelts and they get ejected from the vehicle.
- Lane change collisions: Bus drivers must make sure that it is safe to change lanes or make a turn. Buses particularly have large blind spots, which is why bus drivers must be extra careful when they make a lane change.
- High-speed accidents: Bus drivers must not only remain under the speed limit, but they must also travel at a speed that is safe relative to the weather, roadway and traffic conditions. Bus drivers who travel too fast will struggle to come to a stop in time to avoid a collision.
- Rear-end collisions: Was the bus driver tailgating? Was he or she traveling too fast to stop in time? Did the bus's brakes fail to work properly? Did the driver or bus owner properly inspect the brakes? Did a mechanic fail to properly install the brakes? Regardless of the cause, a rear-end bus collision can have devastating consequences.
- Drunk driving collisions: While passenger vehicle drivers are not over the legal limit until their blood alcohol content level reaches .08 percent, commercial drivers may not drive with a BAC of .04 percent or higher in California. Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs is illegal under California law.
- Poor maintenance: When an accident occurs due to poor bus maintenance, the bus company can be held liable. Bus companies are required to conduct thorough safety checks to make sure that the vehicle is suitable for transporting passengers safely.
The law offices of Bisnar Chase have dealt with a variety of bus accident cases for over 40 years. Our bus accident lawyers know that bus drivers and bus companies can be careless at times and we want to be the ones to fight for the compensation you deserve. The law firm of Bisnar Chase has won over $500 million dollars in recoveries for our clients. Contact us today at 949-203-3814 for a free case evaluation.
Common Westminster Bus Crash Injuries
Injuries sustained in a bus accident will depend on the severity of the collision. Some injury victims can become permanently paralyzed or lose their lives. People who have suffered serious injuries should seek medical attention immediately.
Below are the most common types of bus accident injuries:
Traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injury: An estimated amount of 14,000 bus accidents that have occurred resulted in serious injuries, most of them being head injuries. Buses weigh more than a regular four-door vehicle and for that reason can cause an extensive amount of neurological damage to the brain. Victims of bus accident injuries may experience open head wounds, second impact syndrome or whiplash.
Broken bones: The impact of a bus crash can result in victims experiencing shattered bones. Buses may roll over and because many buses do not have seatbelts installed, people can be sent flying into different parts of the vehicle. Bone fractures and bone bruising can end up being severe which can leave many bus accident victims in the emergency room. Emergency room visits, treatment and rehabilitation can lead to costly medical bills.
Cuts and lacerations: Glass breaking during the bus crash can cause deep wounds and breakage in the skin. The types of lacerations that accident victims can experience during a bus crash are superficial, deep, clean or a complicated laceration. A person suffering from a complicated laceration can mean that different types of muscle tissue which includes nerves, organs and muscles can be severely affected.
Rights of Injured Victims in Westminster
The Westminster Bus Accident lawyers know that insurance companies do not always fight for your rights. Families that have lost a loved one as a result of bus accidents can file a wrongful death claim seeking compensation for medical and funeral expenses, lost future income and benefits and loss of love and companionship.
Bus companies, insurance providers and other potentially liable parties will likely fight any claims made against them. It is critical that bus accident victims and their families get a knowledgeable Westminster bus accident attorney on their side to fight for their rights and look out for their best interests.
If you have experienced pain and suffering due to a third party's negligence, please call us at 949-203-3814 for a free evaluation on your injury case.