Riverside Wrongful Death Attorney
Riverside Wrongful Death Attorneys at Bisnar Chase have an immense amount of experience, professionalism and compassion for our clients. With over 39 years of experience, our team of lawyers have established a 96% Success Rate, winning over $500 Million for our clients.
If someone you love has died because of someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to make a wrongful death claim. We can help you get the compensation you deserve.
For immediate help, or to get a Free Case Evaluation, please contact our Riverside personal injury attorneys of Bisnar Chase to discuss your legal options.
Our award winning fatal accident attorneys, litigation team, and research experts have years of experience dealing with these complicated cases and the resources to take them on.
Contact or Call us today at 951-530-3711 to set up your Free Case Review and Complimentary Consultation.
Elements of a Wrongful Death Case
Wrongful death is any death caused by a negligent, careless, intentional or reckless act of another person or corporation.
The required elements for a Riverside wrongful death case include:
- Death of person (Fatal accident or injury
- That death was caused by the negligence of another
- There are surviving family members who are monetarily suffering due to that death
- There must be a personal representative appointed to bring the suit on behalf of the decedent's estate.
If you are able to prove that you will experience severe future emotional and financial hardship as a result of the fatal injury or accident of this person, per California law there are three kinds of damages you may be entitled to claim:
- The loss of the love, companionship, comfort, affection, society, solace, moral support, and (if a spouse is a claimant) consortium of the decedent
- The value of the household services the decedent would have provided in the future
- The value of the financial support which the claimant would have received from the decedent but for the death.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in Riverside?
Before anyone can recover any damages, first you have to determine whom is actually authorized to seek wrongful death damages.
As a general rule, the first people in line are the surviving spouse, children and the surviving issue of deceased children of the decedent. If these relationships do not exist, then the parents, siblings, children of deceased siblings, grandparents and their lineal descendants may make a claim.
The line continues further down to the putative spouse (a person who can prove that he or she had a good faith belief that he or she was married to the decedent but was, in fact, not married to the decedent), children of the putative spouse, stepchildren, and parents of the decedent.
How to Prove Negligence in a Wrongful Death Case
These factors can aid you in seeking compensation after the wrongful death of your loved one:
- Proof that a third party's absence or lack of action led to the wrongful death.
- Proving the action taken by the at-fault that lead to fatal injuries with negligence or vicious intent involved.
- Proving the financial toil the death of your loved one has taken on you and our family.
Laws concerning wrongful death vary and this will determine how much compensation you and your family will get. The factors that determine how much compensation you will get includes:
- Last earning wage of your loved one.
- Your financial dependency on your loved one.
- The amount of funds your loved one saved
- The total loss of companionship
- The total costs that came after your loved one's death
There is also a time limit to file a lawsuit for a wrongful death. If you plan to take legal action, we urge you to do it now.
How to Pick a Wrongful Death Attorney in Riverside?
Wrongful death cases are complicated and you need an attorney who knows wrongful death law inside and out and someone who has a success track record.
When you choose Bisnar Chase, you can take comfort in our 39 years serving our clients in the Inland Empire with a 96% Success Rate.
We know that the emotional, psychological and financial hardship you are going through leaves you little time for understanding all of the legal issues involved. That's why we do everything we can to take the burden off of you so you can take care of yourself and your other family members during this incredibly difficult time.
Contact our Riverside Wrongful Death Lawyers about your case today at 951-530-3711.