Orange County Truck Accident Lawyers
Accidents involving large trucks, 18-wheelers, big rigs and semi trucks can be extremely dangerous, very damaging and result in serious injury or death. If you or someone you know has been involved in an accident with a large truck and has experienced costly damage, serious injury or has lost a loved one, call for immediate help at 949-203-3814 to speak with an Orange County Truck Accident Lawyer for free. Our team of highly skilled lawyers will ensure you get the best options and maximum compensation for your truck accident case.
Semi-Truck Driver Negligence in Orange County
Since 1978, the law office of Bisnar Chase has been successfully resolving claims against big rig drivers and the companies that hire them. Semi-truck drivers and the companies they work for have a duty to operate their vehicles in a safe and conscientious manner and failing to do so can be catastrophic. Truck driver negligence can consist of the following:
- Unsafe driving
- Loads which are too heavy
- Substandard equipment
- Unsafe tires
- Drug and alcohol use
- Sleep deprivation
- and other dangerous or negligent practices which endanger the lives of innocent motorists and pedestrians
Truck accident attorneys John Bisnar and Brian Chase discuss truck injury issues including injured victims rights from truck driver negligence and auto defects in the trucking industry.
We Know the Facts
We've recovered over $500 Million for over 12,000 clients, many of them involving large trucks, semi-trucks, big rigs, commercial freightliners, etc. Bisnar Chase has over 40 years of experienced and has developed a distinguishing 96% success rate.
Our Orange County Truck Accident Lawyers know what to search and investigate for when analyzing trucking accidents in California. We are familiar with the distinctive issues that arise, the federal regulations and commercial insurance issues that are involved, and the accident reconstruction problems that are exclusive to big-rig accidents.
If you or someone you know has been involved in an accident with a large truck and has experienced costly damage, serious injury or has lost a loved one, call for immediate help at 949-203-3814 to speak with an Orange County truck accident attorney for free.
- Over $700 billion was made in trucking revenues this past year yet the average cost of truck crashes can range from $65,000 to hundreds of thousands. Accidents involving large commercial trucks are not only deadly, but can be very costly. They also cost many commuters many hours of their daily lives. According to the 2000 census, trucking accidents alone accounted for 98,000 hours of traffic nationwide. Most importantly, the truck accident epidemic in Orange County California and nation-wide has cost us deaths and seriously injured family and friends.
- A big semi-truck and fully-loaded trailer can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds and be as much as 75 feet in length.
- Between 5,000 fatalities a year in the United States occur due to truck accidents.
- The vast difference in size and weight between trucks and passenger cars often spells disaster for motorists. In fact, it has been estimated that as many as 10% of all fatal accidents are caused by semi-trucks.
- In crashes involving a truck or tractor trailer and a passenger vehicle, the occupants of the passenger vehicle are 50 times more likely to be killed than the truck driver, or in other words, 98% of fatalities happen to people in the passenger vehicle.
Truck Accident Causes in Orange County
There are many different aspects to consider when handling a truck accident case, especially when the following are a factor:
- Long hours in service/ sleepiness
- Intoxicated or distracted Drivers
- Substandard Inspections
- Longer Combination Vehicles
- Hazardous Materials
- Driver error or bad judgment
The enormous size and configuration of semi-trucks, when traveling on city streets, present serious risks to both pedestrians and motorists when the trailer swings widely and many times entraps pedestrians, smaller cars and bicyclists who are simply observing the right of way.
The trucking industry has long put profit over safety, using under-qualified drivers or making them work unsafe amount of hours where they are sleep-deprived. Studies show how sleep-deprived driving can be even more dangerous than drinking and driving.
Many times companies don't replace faulty or old equipment that their drivers use, putting everyone at risk for truck accidents. There are many reports of rocks, metal, sand and other debris that either fall off the back or get kicked up from large trucks and often times damage vehicles, injury drivers, or can even cause a catastrophic and fatal situation.
Failure to provide trucks with the proper accessories like mud flaps, debris nets and other safety devices to avoid potential injury, damage and potentially death, are many times unreported and justified.
If you have experienced property damage, personal injury or have lost a loved one due to road debris from large trucks, you could be entitled to generous compensation and should call our highly skilled Orange County Truck Accident Lawyers at 949-203-3814.
Experienced Legal Representation in Orange County
The truck accident attorneys at Bisnar Chase are passionate and experienced lawyers who have represented truck and other auto accident victims for over thirty nine years. We have a track-record of success including:
- $250,000 for a forklift injured a delivery truck driver on a loading dock.
- A confidential settlement for the driver of a freight-liner cement truck whose brakes failed. The truck careened out of control for over a quarter-mile and the driver was unfortunately permanently disabled. We were able to provide the victim with an extremely significant compensation.
- A U-Haul that caused two Ford Explorers to roll over, killing a child and injuring a child whose seatbelt failed. We fought for the victims and received a substantial confidential settlement for them.
- $200,000 for a woman who was injured when her car crashed into an illegally parked semi truck.
- $1,950,000 for a Truck Accident Case
- $3,476,250 for a Defective Truck Case
If you need legal advice on a truck accident you were injured in call us today for a Free Consultation. Our highly skilled and experienced Orange County Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to discuss your case at no cost. You don't pay anything unless we win your case.
For immediate assistance call 949-203-3814.