Rinaldi Convalescent Hospital
16553 Rinaldi St. Granada Hills CA
Retirement home statistics are shocking. A 1998 study conducted by the U.S. General Accounting Office concluded that more than half of the suspicious deaths studied in nursing homes were probably due to nursing home neglect. In 2003, USA Today reported that 50% of all nursing home residents were in distress from untreated pain. The numbers in Los Angeles alone show how nursing home abuse and neglect has become an epidemic at the local and nation-wide levels.
Rinaldi Convalescent Home in the San Fernando Valley is listed here because it has caused potential harm and immediate jeopardy to one or more patients. If you or someone you love has been mistreated or neglected at Ojai Hospital, call us at 949-203-3814 for a free consultation to let you know your options and answer your questions.
Some saddening violations at the Rinaldi Retirement Home include:
- Keep each resident free from physical restraints, unless needed for medical treatment.
- Make sure that the nursing home area is free of dangers that cause accidents.
This information was based off data reported by CMS as of 7/29/10. The violations continue and this home has literally dozens of horrifying reported violations.
Citations are issued by the Department of Health Services (DHS) during the annual certification visit.
Citations come in several class depending on their severity. The state average is a little less than one per facility per year, but ideally, a facility should not have any citations.
- Class AA: The most serious violation, AA citations are issued when a resident death has occurred in such a way that it has been directly and officially attributed to the responsibility of the facility, and carry fines of $25,000 to $100,000.
- Class A: class A citations are issued when violations present imminent danger to patients or the substantial probability of death or serious harm, and carry fines from $2,000 to $20,000.
- Class B: class B citations carry fines from $100 to $1000 and are issued for violations which have a direct or immediate relationship to health, safety, or security, but do not qualify as A or AA citations.
Elder abuse and nursing home violations are severe offenses. If you or someone you love has been involved in nursing home abuse or neglect at Rinaldi Nursing call the nursing home attorneys at Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys at 949-203-3814 for a free consultation to let you know your options and answer all your questions.