Newport Beach Wrongful Death Lawyers
Losing a loved one can feel like an impossible burden to bear. When a person dies due to the negligence or actions of another person, this is a case of wrongful death and could be subject to legal action. If this describes your case, you should contact Bisnar Chase to speak with an expert Newport Beach wrongful death lawyer as soon as possible.
Our Newport Beach personal injury attorneys can help, and are dedicated to supporting people in and around the 92660 area. A wrongful death lawsuit cannot bring your loved one back, but it can hold those responsible accountable for their actions. We have a 96% success rate, and will fight for compensation and justice on your behalf.
It is important to remember that you are not alone. We are here to offer compassion, support, and guidance every step of the way.
What is a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Wrongful death occurs when a person is killed or dies due to the negligent, reckless, careless, or malicious actions of another person or entity. When this happens in Newport Beach, a wrongful death claim or lawsuit can be filed.
The objective of a lawsuit is to help make the family or loved ones of the deceased victim whole, in terms of both emotional and financial losses suffered.
A Newport Beach wrongful death attorney can help guide families through the legal process by compiling a strong case, filing a lawsuit, and negotiating a settlement or going to trial.
Types of Wrongful Death in Newport Beach
A wrongful death case can involve a wide range of different scenarios. These can include:
- Intentional acts of violence: A victim could be killed in an armed robbery, shooting, assault, or another similar malicious act.
- Vehicle accident: Including car accidents, truck crashes, and motorcycle fatalities which involve negligence or reckless actions on the road. DUI accidents are also a rising cause of injuries and wrongful death.
- Defective products: Unsafe products, the use of which can result in serious injury or death. These might include defective vehicles, dangerous pharmaceuticals, and malfunctioning products.
- Workplace incidents: From locational hazards, such as toxic exposure, to job-related fatal accidents when a worker has been placed in a precarious or dangerous position.
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents: May include fatal injuries to a pedestrian or cyclist caused by a road hazard or a collision with a vehicle.
- Premises liability: Such as a death caused by a slip-and-fall accident, resulting from negligence on the part of the property owner or manager.
- Dog bites: A serious attack from a dangerous dog can cause severe injuries, even leading to fatalities in extreme cases.
Generally speaking, any harm which would be covered by a personal injury claim in the state of California could result in a wrongful death lawsuit if it becomes a fatality.
Talk to a wrongful death expert for more information, and to find out whether a lawsuit can be filed for your case.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
The process of filing a wrongful death lawsuit in Newport Beach can be confusing for many people. If a family member has died due to the negligence of another person, how do you know who should file a claim?
Different states have varying rules, but in California, the following people are allowed to file a wrongful death lawsuit:
- The spouse or domestic partner of the deceased victim
- The deceased victim's children
In some cases, a victim will not have a direct descendant. California law also allows other people to make claims – if they relied on the victim financially, or are potential beneficiaries. These include:
- Parents of the victim
- Siblings and other close relatives of the deceased
- The victim's stepchildren
- A putative spouseIn a putative marriage, the spouses enter into an arrangement in good faith, but are not legally married. This usually happens when a technical issue (such as a prior marriage), prevents a legal binding. Putative spouses still have legal rights., or children from this relationship
If you are unsure if you are able to file a wrongful death claim, or want to start the lawsuit process, contact one of our Newport Beach wrongful death lawyers for expert help and guidance.
Newport Beach Wrongful Death Compensation
It is impossible to put a dollar amount on a person's life, especially when it is the life of a loved one.
For many people, a wrongful death lawsuit is more about justice and accountability than it is about money. In some cases, it may lead to improved safety regulations or laws to prevent similar tragedies from happening. However, wrongful death cases also often involve the awarding of compensation.
The amount of compensation will vary based on the details of an individual case. There is a wide range of factors which can impact the amount of compensation awarded in a successful lawsuit. Some of these are financially based, while others are emotional. They include:
- Medical costs relating to the injury/death
- Loss of expected income
- Loss of inheritance or financial support
- The value of services the victim would have been able to provide if they were not deceased
- Any pain and suffering they were subjected to before their death
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of companionship for surviving loved ones
- Loss of care, nurturing, and emotional support
Any money awarded in a wrongful death case is meant to compensate people for the loss of their loved one, as well as accounting for any benefits they may reasonably have expected to receive, had the victim lived.
It is the job of our skilled Newport Beach wrongful death attorneys to build the strongest case possible, showing what has been lost, as well as the pain and suffering this has caused.
Finding the Best Newport Beach Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me
Losing a loved one is extremely painful and can leave family members struggling to cope, both emotionally and financially. Our firm represents clients who need compassion and support - and our dedicated staff members offer just that.
It is our job to ease the burden on grieving families. At Bisnar Chase, our wrongful death lawyers will provide experience, guidance and support, fighting for the right outcome in your claim.
We care deeply about the members of our community. Our law firm has been established in Newport Beach, CA, since 1978, and we take pride in helping the residents here when they need it most. We excel in supporting those people in and around the 92660 Newport Beach area, but also extend our services through Orange County and Southern California.
Our goal is to make sure every client gets superior representation. While many cases are resolved through a settlement, our attorneys are also skilled trial lawyers who will not hesitate to take your case to court.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Wrongful Death Attorney in Newport Beach?
Bisnar Chase ensures that its services are affordable for everyone by advancing all costs. We offer a 'No Win, No Fee' guarantee. This means that our firm will take care of any reasonable costs required to win your wrongful death case.
Our costs are only covered if we win your case. If not, you will not have to pay. Offering this system is important to our firm, as it allows us to help people of all means.
Find out more about our 'No Win, No Fee' guarantee by contacting a Newport Beach wrongful death lawyer at Bisnar Chase now.
Trust Bisnar Chase with Your Case
If you have lost a loved one due to an act of negligence, recklessness, or malicious intent, Bisnar Chase can help you seek justice. We practice law with compassion, and will make sure you get the guidance you need through the difficult legal process.
Bisnar Chase has a top track record, collecting more than $500 million for our many clients over the last 40 years. We also maintain an outstanding 96% success rate. If you have a wrongful death case, trust us to fight for you and your loved ones.