Newport Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Newport Beach is a beautiful city to cycle in, with stunning bays, beaches, and scenery. But cycling in the area can also be dangerous. If you have been injured in a bike crash, contacting a Newport Beach bicycle accident lawyer should be one of your top priorities.
Bike accidents do not just result in scuffs and bruises. They can leave victims with serious and life-changing injuries. If that has happened to you, we can help. The law firm of Bisnar Chase has been representing clients in Newport Beach since 1978 for no-fault and serious bicycle injury cases.
We know the local courts, defense teams and insurance companies, and have the resources and skills to get top compensation for your injuries. Contact us now for a free consultation – call (949) 203-3814.
Newport Beach Bike Accident Statistics
It may be a great city for cycling, but Newport Beach is also a cycling accident hotspot.
- According to our Orange County car accident statistics research, Newport Beach has the highest rate of bicycle accidents in the area.
- Newport Beach bike accidents involving car or truck crashes are highly dangerous, carrying a 10% greater chance of injury than collisions involving motorcycles.
- Of all Newport Beach cycling accidents, 97% result in injury.
- Nine cyclists have died in Newport Beach bicycle accidents in the last six years.
- Every six hours a cyclist is fatally injured in a bike accident.
- Approximately one million children are injured every year in bicycle-related accidents.
- Nearly half of all bicycle accidents involve children under age 16.
Bicycle Accidents on the Rise in Newport Beach
Newport Beach has been named one of the worst cities in California for bicycle accidents – and with good reason.
Bicycle accidents in Newport Beach have become very common, as more people take to the streets on two wheels to avoid high gas prices, get exercise, enjoy the scenic ocean views, or to get around the heavy peninsula traffic.
But with a higher volume of cyclists comes greater danger of bike accidents and injuries. While bicycling is a fun, active sport that many people enjoy, the crash statistics are grim when you compare them to those for pedestrians or other forms of transportation.
There has been an upsurge in bicycle-related accidents in the past few years, probably due to the fact that more people are out cycling than ever before.
Common Causes of Bike Accidents in Newport Beach
Bicycle accident injuries most commonly occur when a cyclist comes into contact with a motor vehicle. These are some of the key crash causes which create the need for a bike accident lawyer:
- A vehicle turning in front of a bike:
- A car or truck pulling out of a side street or driveway in front of a bike.
- A vehicle overtaking a cyclist and then turning right in front of them.
- A driver making a left turn as a bike approaches from the opposite direction.
- A car or truck rear-ending a bike – common when bikes have to cross lanes to pull around a parked car.
- A car or truck moving too far to the right of the lane and colliding with the cyclist.
- Someone in a parked vehicle opening their door in front of a bike.
- Some bike accidents occur due to a driver steering erratically, speeding, or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
The most common causes of bicycle accidents usually involve fault on the part of the driver. Cyclists must observe the rules of the road and behave in a safe manner, but drivers in cars and trucks also have a responsibility to respect a bike's place on the road.
Non-vehicle-related accidents include:
- Bike crashes due to the poor conditions of the road.
- Awkward falls.
- Cyclist error or crashing into a fixed object.
- Hitting a dog or swerving to avoid a collision.
Bicycle Accident Injuries
When most people think of riding a bicycle, the injuries they would associate with it are fairly minor. But bike accidents can result in serious injuries, especially when a vehicle is involved.
- Cuts, scrapes and bruising
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Facial damage
- Wrongful death
If such an injury is caused by a driver's negligence, or another party, Bisnar Chase's experienced bicycle accident attorneys can fight to secure compensation and justice for you.
What to do After a Bike Crash in Newport Beach
If you are involved in a Newport Beach bike accident, your top priority must be to get to safety and seek medical attention. After that, you can focus on steps which will help you take legal action.
- Get to safety. If you are able to move after a bicycle accident, you should get out of the road to make sure you do not suffer further injury.
- Get treatment. Do not refuse treatment at the scene and follow up with a doctor if necessary. This will ensure your safety, and you can request any medical reports if you decide to take legal action.
- Call the police. A police officer will be able to secure the scene and record relevant details. You can later request the police report to support your personal injury case.
- Document the scene. Take pictures or video footage of the scene, the bike, and any other vehicles or objects involved.
- Preserve any related evidence. Get witness statements. Speak to witnesses and secure statements or contact details.
- Contact a Newport Beach bicycle accident attorney to help take your case forward.
How an Experienced Bike Injury Lawyer Can Help
If you have been the victim of a bicycle accident, discuss your case immediately with an experienced bike accident lawyer in Newport Beach. In most cases, you will find that you are entitled to far more in compensation than you have been offered by the driver or their representatives.
Insurance companies and defense lawyers work hard to convince victims to take immediate settlements, with the result that many of these victims end up taking far less than the amount to which they are actually entitled.
The personal injury lawyers of Bisnar Chase can help maximize your compensation. Every accident is different, but you may be entitled to damages for your injuries, pain and suffering, medical bills and ongoing care costs, as well as lost wages and more.
Do not discuss your case unless your Newport Beach car accident lawyer is present.
Seeking Legal Help with Bisnar Chase
Newport Beach bicycle accident lawyers work with victims to navigate the complex law surrounding accident cases. Even if your case seems clear-cut, it is important to get good legal advice from a high-quality attorney.
Bisnar Chase has been serving the Newport Beach community for 40 years. Our attorneys have an outstanding 96% success rate and have collected more than $500 million for their clients. We believe in providing superior representation and offer a 'No Win, No Fee' guarantee.
If you are in need of a bicycle accident attorney in Orange County, call (949) 203-3814 for immediate help, or click to contact us for a free consultation.
Let our bike accident injury attorneys help you secure the justice you deserve.