Mission Viejo Truck Accident Attorneys
The experienced Mission Viejo Truck Accident Attorneys of Bisnar Chase will help you earn the compensation you need if you find yourself seriously injured after a truck accident.
Truck accidents involving runaway trailers can cause catastrophic injuries or even fatalities. The tragedy of these crashes involving runaway trailers is the fact that they do not have to happen. These types of accidents are entirely preventable.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, the experienced Mission Viejo truck accident lawyers at Bisnar Chase can help you better understand your legal rights. Call 949-203-3814 and schedule a free case evaluation with a highly-rated injury lawyer today.
5 Causes of Large Truck Accidents
There are a number of potential causes of runaway trailer truck accidents. It is critical to understand these possible causes. Truck size alone can cause severe harm to drivers and pedestrians alike. In one year over 3,986 people died as a result of large truck crashes. Below are 5 common causes of truck accidents.
5 common causes of big-rig accidents:
- Overloaded trailer: When a trailer is overloaded with cargo or materials, there is the possibility of brake failure. It is the responsibility of the trucking company to ensure that the trailer is properly loaded and that the load or weight is evenly distributed.
- Excessive speed: When truck drivers are traveling too fast while carrying a heavy load there is the danger of the trailer detaching and causing a serious injury accident.
- Sudden turns and unsafe lane changes: A trailer can come loose if the truck jackknifes or goes out of control while making a turn or an unsafe lane change.
- Brake issues: When the truck's brakes are defective or are malfunctioning as a result of poor vehicle maintenance, a runaway trailer accident could occur. Trucking companies are required to conduct periodic inspections of the vehicles' brakes.
- Driving on a steep slope: When there is a steep decline or incline, a truck could lose its brakes. In such cases, it must be examined if the truck driver made the right decision by taking that route and if the driver was traveling at an unsafe or excessive rate of speed.
Semi-Truck Crash Prevention
Being involved in a truck accident can be traumatic and can result in serious injuries. In many instances, many fatalities occur from semi-truck crashes. Over 89,000 people have suffered from critical injuries due to large truck collisions. There are measures that you can take for preventing trucking accidents.
Do not drive in a trucker's blind spot: Regular motor vehicles have a smaller blind spot than semi-trucks do. The blind spots to avoid are located on each side of the truck and also directly in the front and the back. Drivers must make sure that they can see themselves in the side mirrors of the truck.
Make sure you have enough distance: Large trucks take a longer time to completely come to a halt. It is essential that drivers provide a substantial amount of space to truckers when driving in front and in back of them.
Trying to beat a truck on a turn is dangerous: Drivers trying to overpass a semi-truck at a right turn increase their chances of an accident. Large trucks need more room when making a wide turn.
In cases where the trailer comes loose because of the negligence of the driver or the trucking company, those parties can be held liable for the injuries and damages caused.
Injured victims in such cases can seek compensation to cover:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of wages
- Cost of hospitalization
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
The family of a deceased truck accident victim can file a wrongful death claim seeking compensation to cover damages including medical expenses, funeral costs, lost future income, loss of love and companionship and other related damages.
Securing the Evidence
In any personal injury case, collecting critical evidence can make or break a case. For example, immediately after an accident occurs, it is important to take pictures of the crash site, talk to eyewitnesses at the scene, determine the position of the vehicles and get images of the injuries and damages.
A knowledgeable Mission Viejo truck accident lawyer will also take all the steps needed to obtain and preserve evidence such as truck maintenance logs and driver logs. When such crucial evidence is not requested and preserved, it could get misplaced, lost or destroyed. Such evidence can certainly help bolster your case and help ensure that you get maximum compensation for your losses.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, the experienced Mission Viejo Truck Accident Attorneys at Bisnar Chase can help you better understand your legal rights and options. Our injury lawyers have gained over $500 Million dollars in wins for our clients and have held a 96% success rate for over 40 years.
We will remain on your side, fight for your rights and ensure that you are fairly compensation for your injuries, damages and losses. Please call us at 949-203-3814 for a free consultation and comprehensive case evaluation.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
1301 Dove St. #120 Newport Beach, CA 92660