Long Beach Police Launch "Motorcycle Safety Enforcement Operation" - Bisnar Chase Provides Motorcycle Safety Tips
According to everythinglongbeach.com, the Long Beach police department launched their "Motorcycle Safety Enforcement Operation" on Saturday, June 30 to help reduce the number of motorcycle accident related injuries and deaths.
The program is reported to target areas that are prone to serious injury motorcycle collisions. Increased law enforcement will be present where Long Beach motorcyclists tend to gather.
Officers are expected to be especially vigilant towards motorists who commit traffic violations.
Brian Chase, Bisnar Chase Long Beach motorcycle attorney, has been assisting injury victims in Long Beach for decades. "Any special attention that results in increased awareness for motorcyclists in Long Beach is a step in the right direction. In the case of the Long Beach police department's newest motorcycle safety program, my staff and I are optimistic as efforts have been made to focus on limiting minor violations in areas prone to collisions.
"Too many motorcyclists are killed and injured, as a result of other drivers committing minor traffic violations. It is not uncommon for these types of violations to result in minor collisions, and riders have very little protection," says Brian Chase, a lifelong motorcycle enthusiast.
According to the 2008 and 2009 California Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS), motorcycle accident injuries and deaths are on the rise. In 2008, 2 people were killed and 100 were injured in Long Beach motorcycle crashes. In 2009, 5 people were killed and 86 suffered injuries.
The U.S. Department of Transportation/National Highway Traffic Safety Administration lists head injuries as the number one cause of death in motorcycle crashes. Wearing a helmet, as well as other protective gear, is part of the motorcycle safety tips distributed to Bisnar Chase contacts.
Motorcycle Safety Tips Provided By Bisnar Chase Law Firm
- Wear a Helmet
- The National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration has found motorcycle helmets to be close to 37 percent effective in preventing fatal injuries amongst motorcyclists. Wearing a helmet is required by California Vehicle Code Section 27803.
- Ride at Your Own Pace
- Beginners should be extra cautious. Knowing your personal limits can be the difference between life and death for motorcyclists.
- Stay Educated
- Because of the increased danger that motorcyclists are exposed to, it becomes important to consider safety classes, especially if you have not used your bike in a while.
- Eliminate Distractions
- Riders should be prepared to take evasive action at all times. Consider storing mobile phones and saving playlists.
- Keep your Cargo Contained
- If you are carrying extra cargo, make sure it is properly stored. If you begin to lose items, you may make a fatal mistake.
About: Bisnar Chase Motorcycle Accident Attorneys, Southern California
Bisnar Chase is a California based motorcycle accident law firm that has developed a reputation as experienced legal professionals who produce consistent proven results. The Firm has been featured on CBC, Fox 11, and NBC. Their California motorcycle accident attorneys have assisted over 12,000 clients and have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation.
Join Brian Chase, Jay Leno and Peter Fonda at the Love Ride 29 to Benefit the USO on October 21, 2012. Go to LoveRide.org to sign up.
For a free legal motorcycle injury consultation call 949-203-3814 or visit their website at /.