Carlsbad Car Accident Lawyers
Palomar Airport Rd is one of the most dangerous roads in Carlsbad, having seen 784 accidents from 2010-2015, and 602 injuries from those accidents. As a result, intersections with Palomar Airport Rd, especially around highway 5, should be driven cautiously. Carlsbad has an average population density, but that doesn't mean that there aren't going to be some reckless drivers that cause crashes. Bisnar Chase Car Accident Attorneys represnt victims who have been injured by reckless drivers or DUIs. Contact us today to see if you have a case!
Carlsbad in San Diego County, California is taking a hard look at improving life for pedestrians. The seaside community has many joggers, bicyclists and walkers who are at increased risk of ending up in a car accident.
"Thousands of people are killed and injured each year in car collisions involving pedestrians," said nationally recognized pedestrian and car accident attorney John Bisnar. Many of these accidents are preventable if both motorist and pedestrian simply use more caution and obey traffic laws."
The City of Carlsbad's Pedestrian Master Plan uncovered a number of traffic conditions, followed by recommendations to cut down on the number of car accidents:
- Pacific Coast Highway south of Avenida Encinas is a problem area. Angled parking, high-speed traffic, and no sidewalks, cause pedestrians to walk in the bike lane.
- A pathway is needed between Laguna Drive and the City of Oceanside (Eaton Street). Children cross there regularly.
- A four-way stop controlled intersection is needed at Buena Vista Circle and Laguna Drive.
- A Chestnut Avenue pedestrian crossing is needed to get past the railroad tracks.
- Madison Street and Roosevelt Street are too wide. Traffic calming is needed to reduce speeds.
- Carlsbad Boulevard is very unsafe and not traversable on foot because of high vehicle speeds.
- The intersections of Laguna Drive & Madison Street and Laguna Drive & Roosevelt Street are not safe for crossing.
- There is a lack of traffic control on Carlsbad Boulevard between Pine Avenue and Tamarack Avenue.
- The Carlsbad Village Road/I-5 off ramps are dangerous, since motorists don't look before turning off the freeway.
- Cars are too close to the dirt walking areas along Carlsbad Boulevard, south of Cannon Road and north of Tamarack Avenue, which presents a dangerous pedestrian environment.
- A signalized pedestrian crosswalk is needed on Carlsbad Boulevard between Tamarack Avenue and Pine Avenue.
- A pedestrian crossing is needed between Tamarack Avenue and Pine Street along Carlsbad Boulevard. The pedestrian crossing should be lit so motorists can see pedestrians at night.
Overall statistics suggest that pedestrians fare poorly in car collisions:
- A pedestrian is killed in the U.S. every 99 minutes.
- 600 pedestrian fatalities and 13,000 injuries occur every year in California.
- 28 percent of California's pedestrian deaths occur in San Diego County.
- Only half of the pedestrians struck by a motor vehicle going 30 mph survive, and just 15 percent survive if the vehicle is traveling at 40 mph.
Contacting a California Car Accident Attorney
Be sure to consult with a California car accident lawyer that is familiar with Carlsbad. You'll want your attorney to be very familiar with the courts, insurance companies and defense lawyers in the area. Even the smallest mistake can cost you thousands of dollars in recovery. Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys have represented California residents for over 35 years. We've taken on some of the toughest cases with winning results. Call for a free consultation with an experienced Carlsbad car accident attorney at 800-561-4887.
Most Dangerous Intersection in Carlsbad**
Paseo Del Norte & Palomar Airport Rd
Last 5 Years:
City of Carlsbad
Avg Auto Injuries per 1,000: 6
Carlsbad Crime Index*: 155.2
Nearby Cities Crime Indicies*
* Crime index data taken from city-data.com. The national average is 315.5. The crime index is calculated using the population and severity of crimes vs the frequency of crimes committed.
**All intersection data is taken from the California Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System and is measured over the last 5 years of local and arterial street car accidents (non-highway). The data is not updated in real time.
More Unsafe Intersections in Carlsbad**
Palomar Airport Rd & Melrose Rd
Palomar Airport Rd & El Camino Real
Avenida Encinas & Palomar Airport Rd
** All intersection data is taken from the California Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System and is measured over the last 5 years of local and arterial street car accidents (non-highway). The data is not updated in real time.