Huntington Beach Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Finding the best Huntington Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer can be stressful and can seem like a daunting process. Who do you turn to after you have experienced serious injuries or have lost a loved one in a bike collision?
The personal injury attorneys at Bisnar Chase are here for you. Our legal representation has won clients over $500 million in compensation. Our law firm has held a 96% success rate at winning accident cases for over 40 years.
When you hire us we will represent you under a contingency fee basis, meaning if we don't win your case you don't have to pay.
Call us at 949-203-3814 for a free consultation for your Huntington Beach accident or wrongful death claim.
Huntington Beach Car and Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Many intersections are prone to serious-injury accidents and have been found to create blind spots putting motorcycle riders in serious danger. Motorcycle and bicycle accidents are not uncommon in Huntington Beach, for this, locals are extra cautious when they cross streets with a history of collisions.
According to the California Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS), there were 13 people killed and 993 injured in Huntington Beach car accidents, which puts Huntington as one of the top 3 cities for fatal car accidents in Orange County. Of those who suffered fatal injuries, 4 were alcohol-related, 3 were motorcyclists and 1 was a bicyclist.
Tourists can cause a lot of collisions in Huntington Beach, but drunk driving car accidents are by far the biggest threat.
The Orange County Register reported that a driver by the name of Jesse Rodriguez was driving drunk in a Chevy Silverado when he struck a man riding a Harley-Davidson on Pacific Coast Highway near Goldenwest Street. The motorcyclist sustained serious injuries and was rushed to a local hospital while the drunk driver fled the scene and was later arrested. Instances such as these are not uncommon in this area; Main Street is in close proximity to this location and is notorious for being the starting line for drunk drivers.
Common Causes of Bike Collisions
Motorcycle accidents are far more dangerous than car collisions because unlike a four-door vehicle, do not offer much protection for the rider. If a motorcyclist takes measures to ride safely though they can prevent themselves from being in an accident.
In many instances, there is nothing you can do to prevent an accident or motorcycle injuries, not even if you are the police.
Reports stated that in one year, a police officer and a driver were injured in a Huntington Beach motorcycle accident when they collided at the intersection of Beach Boulevard and Adams Avenue. Both parties were transported to a local hospital.
Intersection accidents are not the only common cause of bike crashes though.
Other common causes include:
- Alcohol usage: At times it is not a drunk driver that causes a motorcycle or car accident. Motorcyclists can also be the ones responsible for a collision. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported that annually, 40% of motorcycle riders die due to being under the influence while operating a motorcycle. Studies have indicated that just .02 oz of alcohol can impair a cyclist while riding. Do not drink and ride.
- Speeding: Reckless driving can lead to deadly accidents. Excessive speeding can not only cause major vehicle damages but it can also cause a cyclist to be dragged through the road. Amatuer motorcyclists often do not know how to control a motorbike or underestimate a turn when riding. It is important that a rider adheres to the speed limits of a highway, not to prevent themselves from receiving citations but to also keep themselves safe.
- Unsafe road conditions: Riders need to be cautious when there are dangerous weather conditions and also when there is hazardous debris on the road. Motorcyclists frequently are involved in accidents due to poor construction of the road as well. Hazards for bike riders may include wet surfaces, animals crossing, railroad crossing or uneven gravel. Experts strongly suggest wearing protective gear on every ride you take.
- Head-on collisions: Motorcycle accidents that involve a car hitting the front of a bike often lead to deadly results. Head on collisions happen for two reasons: distracted driving and impaired driving. If you have been seriously injured due to a negligent driver call the Huntington Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyers of Bisnar Chase at 949-203-3814 for a free case analysis.
- Left-hand turns: Over 36% of motorcycle crashes occur due to left-hand turns. Left-hand crashes can be avoided if a driver is aware of his/her surroundings. A motor vehicle driver can also prevent a collision if they perform an action as small and simple as turning on his/her blinker on. If you are a cyclist, trying to beat a car at a turn will always put your life at risk.
Not every accident case is similar. Many factors are taken into consideration when asking for a certain amount of compensation.
For example, a motorcyclist that was bumped by a car and did not experience any severe injuries might receive a different settlement amount from someone who became paralyzed after a bike crash. There is not a standard amount of compensation that every injury victim will receive. Speak to a legal expert in Huntington Beach to inquire about the amount you can potentially win after your motorcycle crash.
Who is Liable for Your Medical Expenses and Lost Wages?
Liability for your injuries and the damages that have been accumulated from in an accident is dependent on several factors. One of these vital factors is negligence. Proving negligence for your personal injury claim will not only hold wrongdoers accountable but it will give you the ability to earn you the maximum financial compensation for your injury case.
Negligence is split into two categories comparative and contributory negligence. The state of California operates under comparative negligence which means that both plaintiff and defendants can file for compensation for damages. This means that the settlement amount can potentially be divided in two ways.
Our Orange County Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help
Finding the right motorcycle accident attorney in Huntington Beach can be difficult, but it doesn't have to be. Bisnar Chase's Personal Injury Lawyers have over 40 years of experience taking on tough insurance companies. We prioritize having an excellent attorney-client relationship and aim to provide you with the best formal legal advice.
If you are looking for a lawyer you can trust to take your case, or you just want free information on how to go about your case, call one of our Huntington Beach motorcycle accident attorneys today at 949-203-3814 for a free professional evaluation.