California Product Liability Lawyer
The California Product Liability Lawyers at Bisnar Chase have been winning product liability cases for over 40 years, establishing a 96% success rate and winning hundreds of millions including many product liability verdicts.
Our Product Liability Lawyers will fight for your right to compensation and shield you from liability along the way.
Design & Manufacturing Flaws
Companies who place goods or services in the hands of consumers and create an environment for injury can be sued under state laws for manufacturing and design defects. Typical products liability claims are those where the design of the product was expected to be safe but turned out otherwise causing injury or death. While not as common, marketing defects also applies to product liability lawsuits.
The chain from the creation of product can include all parties involved from the assembler, manufacturer or store owner. Typically, product liability lawsuits are based on strict liability and negligence.
Most design flaws that cause injury are tables, heavy furniture, dressers or items that have a choking hazard to children. There are many different types of product liability cases including failure to warn and each one needs to be explored by an experienced product liability lawyer who has spent years working these types of cases.
Winning Product Liability Cases
Brian Chase, a top rated California personal injury lawyer talks about taking on the big guns of fortune five hundred companies and seeking justice for you. Our experience in product liability and defective or dangerous products allows us to be at the top of our game from the start.
There is no learning curve when you've specialized in these types of cases for over 4 decades.
Brian doesn't fear taking on Goliath. He's been protecting the rights of clients and pursuing negligent corporations for decades throughout California.
Brian specializes in a lot of different defective product cases including auto defects, tobacco, airbags, tires, car seats, dangerous e-cigs and lawnmowers. Recently, talcum powder has been shown to cause ovarian cancer after long term exposure, and we have started taking these cases too.
If you've been harmed by a defective or dangerous product, please contact our legal team for a free consultation. Call 1-800-561-4887.
Negligence in Product Safety
Bisnar Chase products liability attorneys focus a large part of their practice on representing individuals who have been seriously injured or killed as the result of defective products or negligence placed into consumer's hands. Every year thousands of people are injured, maimed or killed by a dangerous or defective product. Many times, these products should have never been in the marketplace in the first place because there was potential for injury from manufacturing or design flaws at the onset. Since there is no federal product liability law, most cases are based on state laws where the plaintiff resides or where the product was created, manufactured, marketed or otherwise sold.
Top 10 Most Common Defective Product Types
There are many different types of defective products and liabilities among consumer and commercial goods.
- Auto Defects - Everything from carbon monoxide poisoning, brakes going out, sudden unintended acceleration, tires blowing out, seatbelt failure and more, Bisnar Chase is a trusted and reputable law firm when it comes to auto defects.
- Children's Products - When buying toys and products for your children, you trust that they will bring no harm, but when they do, somewhere along the line something was overlooked and caused a serious problem that needs to be acknowledged. Let us hold those accountable so that it does not happen again to someone else.
- Household Appliances - Everyday tasks in your home shouldn't have to be dangerous; household appliances can be very heavy, a fire risk and many more potentially deadly hazards that the manufacturer needs to make sure is at its safest possible quality, and if it is not, should not be released to the public for sale or distribution.
- Furniture - Recently, dressers and other furniture items have been causing the death of children from dressers falling on children and crushing them. These are not the only potentially dangerous items available.
- Medical Devices - When intending to save lives and make living conditions easier, you should not have to worry about if a medical product is going to worsen your condition.
- Chemicals & Cleaning Products - Dealing with household and exterior cleaners of any kind can be extremely hazardous. Companies that manufactured and distributed cleaning products did not have to list the ingredients inside their kitchen sprays, disinfectants, soaps, detergents, etc. Many of these harmful ingredients in which we do not know they are even there, have the ability to cause allergic reactions, illness, severe irritation, cancer, birth defects and many more side effects. To learn more visit about Senate Bill No. 258.
- Contaminated Food - We eat the food we eat and drink the drinks we drink without too much thought of if it is going to make us violently ill or possibly kill us. Some of us worriers do, but the bottom line is, we shouldn't have to worry about the possibilities of becoming ill or dying, when purchasing food or drinks from manufacturers and or companies that make and sell them to the public. The food and beverage industry go through rigorous testing, must obey strict guidelines, laws and regulations, and when a contaminated food issue comes up, it is usually due to negligence or wrong doing.
- Industrial Equipment & Machinery - When working in positions that require big, heavy, fast, loud and dangerous equipment and machines, safety is key. Organizations like OSHA work tirelessly to ensure that proper protocol is required and met by businesses and companies so their workers are kept safe when on the job and not forced into potentially catastrophic situations.
- Sport Equipment - Sports in general are hazardous enough, with a high amount of sports related injuries reported every day. Sporting equipment is an essential factor of many sports around the globe. Sporting equipments like baseball gloves, weight-lifting equipment, water-sport equipment, and so forth, must meet specific guidelines depending on their area. Athletes and bystanders count on the efficiency of these products to ensure overall safety, again, for athletes and those observing.
- Jewelry, clothes and fashion accessories - Every day people get dressed for work, school, errands, events, recreational activities and so on - The tiniest aspects can be overlooked to the expected normalities and this is where the biggest mistakes occur.
If you have been injured in result of a defective product, please call our highly skilled and experienced team of California Product Liability Attorneys. To receive a Free Consultation and Case Evaluation, call us at (800) 561-4887.
Act Quickly To Obtain Liability Compensation
Victims of defective products have a limited amount of time to pursue compensation for their injuries.
time-restraint is known as the statute of limitations and varies greatly depending on the victim's geographic location as well as the state in which their defective product was manufactured.
If the time allowed by law to pursue a claim for damages is exceeded, it is almost an impossibility to obtain compensation for medical expenses or pain and suffering arising as a result of manufacturer negligence.
Call 800-561-4887 following a defective product injury. The expert staff at Bisnar Chase will provide you with a free, no obligation consultation which will give you all of the information that you will need to start your case out on the right foot.
Defective Product Checklist
- A design defect or flaw
- A manufacturing defect or flaw
- Inadequate instructions or appropriate warnings
Three Keys To Establish A Product Liability Case
- The product was defective.
- The defect existed prior to the manufacturer releasing the product.
- The defect caused your injuries and or damages.
Typically a product liability case will hinge on manufactured products, defective design, and failure to warn.
There are a number of ways a medical device can fail such as hip replacements or vaginal mesh implanting. When a medical device does fail, it can leave victims in painful or fatal circumstances often causing lifelong symptoms.
If you are suffering complications due to a defective medical device, please contact our office immediately by calling 1-800-561-4887. We will advise you on whether or not we can take your medical defect case.
There are some drugs and devices that we do not represent after a period of time. Call us to discuss your case, or find out more about the cases we take at on our defective medical devices page.
We also represent clients who have experienced serious damaging side-effects from unsafe prescription drugs. For a list of defective drugs please visit our pharmaceutical litigation page.
The committed and experienced California Product Liability Lawyers at Bisnar Chase have been involved in many auto defect cases winning over $500 Million.
Brian Chase has spent a large amount of his career going after deceptive automakers and specifically those who have catastrophically harmed consumers. There are many dangerous auto defects in cars that are still on the roads today.
For more information on a California product liability or defective product case, please call our attorneys at 800-561-4887 for a free case review. Serving Southern California since 1978.