Buena Park Wrongful Death Lawyers
If you have lost a loved one in a fatal accident, we understand that the devastating consequences such a loss can have on your family. The sudden loss of a loved one not only places a tremendous emotional burden on a family, but it also causes severe financial hardship.
Family members may be left with medical expenses, funeral costs and other financial losses such as lost income and benefits. An experienced wrongful death lawyer can help you better understand your legal rights and options, especially if your loved one was killed by someone else's negligence or wrongdoing. But selecting the right attorney to handle your wrongful death case can be a challenge in itself.
The Personal Injury Attorneys of Bisnar Chase have over three decades of experience and the resources to win some of the toughest cases.Call 949-203-3814 for a free consultation with our wrongful death attorneys.
What to Look for in a Wrongful Death Lawyer
Having the right attorney can greatly increase your chances of receiving fair compensation for your losses. How do you know if an attorney is right for you? What questions should you ask?
- Does the law firm have a recent history of handling cases similar to yours?
- Does the specific attorney you are speaking with have experience handling your type of wrongful death claim? Do not rely just on the track record of the law firm.
- Is the law firm financially stable enough to afford expert witnesses and other expenses that may arise during the process of handling your case?
- Is the attorney interested in a quick settlement or does the attorney plan to fight for the largest possible settlement in court? Find an attorney who fits your requirements and need.
- There are many types of wrongful death accidents including medical malpractice, fatal car accidents and defective product accidents. Has the attorney with whom you are meeting have a proven track record with your specific type of case? For example, if your loved one died as the result of a defective seatbelt, does the attorney with whom you are meeting have prior experience handling seatbelt defect cases?
- As obvious as it may sound, it is important you actually like your attorney. Wrongful death cases are sensitive and you deserve an attorney who will support you and treat you with care, respect and understanding.
- Does your attorney plan on including you during the process? Depending on your preference, it may be in your best interest to retain an attorney who will discuss your options with you before making a decision on your behalf.
- What is the law firm's policy on returning phone calls? The law firm should commit to promptly returning your phone calls and giving you regular updates about your case.
- Does the attorney want money up front? The most reputed attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means that they do not get paid until you win your case.
Do you have any friends who can refer you to a reputed attorney? Knowing someone who has gone through a similar experience can be extremely helpful. If you do not know any attorneys, do not rely simply on a yellow page advertisement or a television commercial. Meeting with an attorney in person can help you understand the type of law firm with which you are dealing.
Don't be afraid to ask the attorney how much your claim may be worth and how long they think the claim process may take. These details are difficult to determine during an initial consultation, but a skilled attorney can get you a rough idea of the road ahead.
If your loved one was killed because of someone else's wrongdoing or negligence, financial compensation may be available for medical bills, funeral expenses, lost future wages, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance and other related damages.
A knowledgeable Buena Park wrongful death lawyer can answer all your questions during the free initial consultation.
If you have lost a loved one, please contact the experienced wrongful death attorneys at Bisnar Chase or call us at 949-203-3814 to obtain more information about pursuing your legal rights.