Anaheim Truck Accident Attorneys
In Anaheim, California, intense truck traffic is quite common on the streets of this popular Orange County city, but with it, truck accidents have become rampant. The Anaheim Truck Accident Attorneys of Bisnar Chase provide relief to lessen the pain and suffering of truck accident victims.
Over the course of 39 years the law offices of Bisnar Chase have earned over $500 million in winnings for our clients. We will listen to the details of your incident during your free consultation, and if you are entitled to compensation, we will do all the hard work for you while you recover.
If you have been involved in a truck accident in Anaheim, call Bisnar Chase Anaheim Accident Injury Lawyers now at 949-203-3814.
What Causes Truck Accidents?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration(FMCSA) reported that there were 4,311 truck accidents that resulted in fatalities in 2015. That is an eight percent increase from 2014's stats. What are the possible factors that have made truck accidents more prevalent over the past 15 years?
The various causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver Fatigue
- Intoxicated Drivers
- Texting/Distracted Drivers
- Defective Equipment
- Substandard Inspections
- Weather Conditions
- Hazardous Materials
The Aftermath of a Truck Accident
Being involved in accident can be devastating not only to your physical health but mentally as well. Dealing with the aftermath also stems itself to be complicated. Many accident victims do not know where to begin and are not too sure about the legal options they posses.
There are certain measures you can follow when involved in a truck accident.
5 Steps to Take After a Truck Accident
- Contact law enforcement immediately. It is crucial that you fill out an accident report. Whether you perceive the accident to be big or small, this document will serve to be useful in the long run. Most importantly it is typically required by the law that you do this as well.
- Seek medical attention quickly. Even though you might not see a scrape or experience any physical pain after, it is strongly suggested that you be examined by a professional just in case you are suffering with pain down the line or if you have internal bleeding. If you are not admitted or seen by a medical professional after the incident it can be used against you as well in your claim.
- Reach out to the insurance company to file a report. This step is critical, it is not a step that can be overlooked and if skipped it could affect your case greatly.
- Say as little as possible when speaking to the other insurance company. In other words just state the facts when speaking to the counter's insurance company or your own for that matter. Insurance companies want to save money so your best interest isn't always theirs.
- Call a local truck accident attorney. The law offices of Bisnar Chase have been specializing in truck accidents for many years and have a 96% success rate. Contact 949-203-3814 and receive a free consultation with one of our expert truck accident attorneys.
Whose At Fault in a Truck Accident Case?
In truck accident cases, it can be challenging to resolve who is truly at fault. Perhaps a negligent tractor trailer driver caused a collision in Anaheim because he was drowsy after spending too many hours driving the road. Perhaps the driver of a car caused the accident because she was speeding or cutting the truck driver off.
In many cases, neither driver is at fault. Often, truck accidents are caused by poorly maintained vehicles, improperly loaded vehicles or defective truck parts. We know how to determine who was at fault and take action against them.
With that said, if both parties are not at fault, how do you take legal action? The simplified answer is to prove negligence.
To receive adequate compensation, you must be able to prove that somewhere in the course of the truck accident, someone's negligence caused you pain and suffering. The following can constitute negligence of a third party:
- Speeding Over the Posted Limit
- Failure to Check Blind Spots
- Intoxicated Driving (Drugs/Alcohol)
- Driving While Sleep Deprived
- Road Rage
- Neglect of Vehicle Maintenance
- Overall Reckless Driving
- Distracted Driving (phone)
How to File a Truck Accident Claim
Before filing your claim, you must be able to prove without a doubt that there was an individual or a group of individuals whose negligence caused you pain and suffering. If you can do that, you may proceed with legal action.
It is also highly recommended that you hire an experienced attorney who knows truck accident law and the dangerous areas of Anaheim to assist you. The laws concerning truck accident are very complex and only a skilled attorney can help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
If you lost a loved one in the aftermath of a truck accident, you may be able to additionally list this wrongful death to your pain and suffering when you and your lawyer are fighting for compensation.
You can fight fight for both your injuries as well as your deceased since the court views wrongful death as a civil action and not a matter that would be dealt with in criminal court. If the court rules in your favor, you may be able to receive compensation for:
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Funeral Costs
- Lost of Companionship/Loss of a Loved One
Why Choose Bisnar Chase?
Since 1978, Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys has been serving people in and around Anaheim California, specializing in vehicle and truck accident law.
Our truck accident attorneys know what to look for when analyzing truck related accidents. Call us for a free consultation at: 949-203-3814 and get the best options and legal team for your case.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
1301 Dove St. #120
Newport Beach, CA 92660